3rd Annual Chili Cook Off
CLICK BELOW & JOIN THE RAFFLE
Not able to attend? Or like to get a jump on things? Here is your chance to bid on our raffle items before the event. Come see our “Online Raffle Row” NOW active until 1 hour before the event ends.
March 13th, 2021 from 11 Am to 2 pm
It’s time again for our annual Chili Cook-Off. Come out, enjoy the country outdoors, sun, horses, music, and hopefully cool weather to help judge a winner for this year’s Cook-Off. This all-outdoor event is in its 3rd year and guaranteed to keep you and your family entertained. Entry into the facility is FREE. Additional fees will apply for many areas inside the event.
CONTESTANT, EVENT VENDOR, GARAGE SALE VENDOR, & SPONSOR options are available!
With COVID concerns you are more than welcome to wear a mask and with our large outdoor area, there is plenty of space to spread out.
Held in and around SWFHR’s 150′ arena the Chili Cook-Off pits local competitors some seasoned and others new in a time-honored taste test to see who has the right stuff. The taste test round costs $15.
We will also be hosting a large “SPRING TACK & GARAGE SALE” on the same day at the same location albeit starting at 9 AM and end at the same time as the cook-off. We will accept local independent yard/garage sellers to set up their own station FREE OF CHARGE to hopefully help out our neighbors. All we ask is for an RSVP (email@example.com) so we can ensure safety and set up preparations. View & Print our SPRING TACK & GARAGE SALE flyer
Free Entry at the gates, some activities will cost. Our event is multi-faceted with:
- Tours (kids under 13 & verified military active or retired free):
- Hayrides ($1 per)
- Guided tours ($5 per)
- Demonstrations (free),
- Pony Rides,
- Vendors (of all kinds):
- Charity Organization Vendors (free)
- Food vendors aside from chili,
- BYOB Beer Garden (age will be verified),
- Tack Sale,
- Bake Sale,
- Garage Sale (independent sellers too),
- Our Large Raffle Row, and
- The Chili Cook-Off ($15 to taste test)
As more join this event we will continue to update the lists
Crafts & Merchandise Vendors
Kodie’s Scent Emporium
MyDailyChoice CBD and More
Hay is for Horses
( Bracelets and necklaces)
Sass It Up Nails with Carrie
The Storms Photography
(Professional Photos with the Easter Bunny)
Northern Light Glass and Jewelry
LOH (Love of Horses) Bracelets
supporting Hope Equine Rescue
Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife
The Rebel Riders Charities Inc.
Animal Rescue inc.
Calendar Girls Florida
FREE to watch
Everglades Farm Equipment Group
Rescue (sample guided tour)
by volunteers Sue & Terry
Adults – $5
Kids under 13 – FREE
Rescue (“Hay Ride tour)
by volunteer Randy
$1 for all
As more join this event we will continue to update the lists
John Michael’s Diamond & Jewelry Studio
The Williamson Team @ MVP Realty
(Antique & Estate Jewelry)
Hooters of South Florida
SJC Technology Inc.
Florida Veterinary Services
Avalon Insurance Group, Inc.
Everglades Farm Equipment Group
(Print Media provider)
CONTESTANT DEADLINE: MARCH 11TH
CONTESTANT RULES & CONDITIONS:
1) Contestants must file either an electronic or paper Entry Form with a registration fee to reserve a spot.
2) The event site will open for registration check and set up at 8 a.m.
3) There will be no parking allowed inside the cook-off area unless otherwise approved.
4) Ingredients must be pre-cooked prior to the commencement of the official cook-off. Meat may be treated, pre-cut, or ground, but must be cooked. Each contestant is solely responsible to make sure that no ingredient is undercooked and/or that there is no risk of food born illness. You must be willing to eat your own chili.
5) The registrant must be 18 years or older
6) The contest is limited to 15 contestants.
7) No restrictions as to chili ingredients but you must be willing to provide a chili ingredient list to Chili Bosses.
8) Contestants may bring things to garnish their chili.
9) Contestants must set up their “stations” and provide their own equipment to include but not limited to: tables, chairs, tents, pots, aprons, propane tanks (if owned), extension cord (no less than 14ga and no more than 25ft long), or other items you might need.
10) Contestants are encouraged, urged, and otherwise motivated to decorate their area, tent, table, and event themselves.
11) Contestants will be required to have a representative ready to serve at the start of the event and continually available till the end of the event.
12) Contestants are highly suggested to cook at least 3 gallons (approximately 3 crockpots) of chili or to have enough chili for a 2-hour taste testing time frame.
13) All contestants must be ready to turn in samples for judging 15 minutes after the event start. Tie or Disputes will be settled by Cook-Off organizers.
14) SWFHR will provide Tasting Cups, Spoons and Ticket Jars, and Access to Power while available (power is limited… we suggest that you bring a source of keeping your chili warm).
15) Each contestant is responsible for policing and cleaning up the area at the end of the day and removing all items from their area. No items shall be allowed to remain after the close of the contest unless pre-approved.
16) It’s up to you the contestant to entice the patrons to try your chili and cast their vote for you. Try sweetening the patrons’ experience with crackers, cornbread, be creative and engaging. The more chili you have, the more potential votes you can serve.
17) Winners to be announced approximately 15 min before the end of the event.
1) Registration Deadline is listed above!!
2) The registration fee of $20 is applied to only 1 initial recipe and tent space up to 10’x10′. Additional recipes may be entered for $10 per and additional tent to avoid confusion between recipes.
3) Registration fees may be paid via cash, card, or check to South West Florida Horse Rescue, Inc. and have a memo of “Chili Cook-off”
4) Fees paid prior to the registration deadline are eligible for return should a need for cancelation arise.
5) Cancelation request must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (239) 822-5366 on or before the deadline.
1) Chili is blind judged on Aroma, Eye Appeal, Taste, and Overall Satisfaction. The decision of the judges is final.
2) Prize breakdowns:
1st Place – $100 & a Chili Grand Champion trophy
2nd Place – $75 & a Chili Champ Runner-Up trophy
3rd Place – $50 & a Chili Champ 3rd Place trophy
People’s Choice Award – $25 & a Plaque
Host Choice Award – $25 Gift Card & a Gold Chili Medal
Best Booth – $25 Gift Card
EVENT SPONSOR DETAILS
SPONSOR DEADLINE: MARCH 5TH
CHILI PEPPER (PLATINUM) SPONSOR – $500.00
- Business Logo and all provided forms of contact will be displayed on our Event Website with a link to your business.
- Business Logo will be displayed in our platinum support section on our Website with a link to your business.
- Business Logo will be printed on our Event Banners.
- And all items from the “GOLD”, “SILVER”, & “BRONZE” Sponsors.
CHILI BEAN (GOLD) SPONSOR – $250.00
- Your business name will be announced during the Awards Ceremony of Winners (and periodically throughout).
- (1 additional) Form of contact for your business (plus (1) Form of contact, LOGO, and Business Name) will be listed in the Event Program.
- And all items from the “SILVER” & “BRONZE” Sponsors.
CHILI SAUCE (SILVER) SPONSOR – $100.00
- Your business name will be announced periodically throughout the Chili Cook-Off.
- (1) Form of contact for your business plus LOGO (and Business Name) will be listed in the Event Program.
- And all items from the “BRONZE” Sponsor.
CHILI POWDER (BRONZE) SPONSOR – $50.00
- Your business NAME will be listed as a sponsor in the Event Program that will be passed out at the Chili Cook-Off.
- If you have a ‘Business Banner’ we will display it for the entire event.
* Sponsorship Deadline for media (LOGO’s) production purposes Friday, March 5th is the deadline. This will provide us enough time for the printing of material. We will gladly accept Sponsors after the deadline, but we will not be able to have the printed material mentioning you. You will, however, be mentioned during the event.
EVENT SPONSOR FORM
EVENT VENDOR DETAILS
VENDOR DEADLINE: MARCH 10TH
Open Set up from 7 am – 10 am for all Vendors.
SWFHR VENDOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Check payable to; SWFHR and can be mailed to 14811 State Road, Punta Gorda, FL 33982
- Questions? Contact Tina Garrett, 239-440-9891
- Each vendor – must supply their own tables & chairs
- Acceptance of this agreement, the Vendor expressly releases SOUTH WEST FLORIDA HORSE RESCUE, INC. and its agents from all liability for damage, injury, or loss to any person or goods which may arise from the use of vendor space. Signature acknowledges acceptance of terms.
- All vendors will share in the marketing of the event. We will provide a flyer you can email, as well please invite your local friends and customers list to attend the event. Please also see our event on Facebook and “invite” people to attend.
- Set up times/breakdown times: Arrive at least 1hr before the event to set up and breakdown no earlier than 1hr before the event ends, unless expressed prior to the event. Further details may be emailed as the event gets closer.
- No sublet or split booth space shall be permitted without prior written agreement with SWFHR. Only one table per company name. No space is held without payment & completed form.
- All vendors and assistants will adhere to the General Facility Rules of South West Florida Horse Rescue, Inc. that are posted at the main entrance of the facility as well as will be handed to each vendor upon arrival.
- Pathways and Exits shall be kept clean, clear, and free of obstacles. Vendor space shall be fixed in position for the duration of the event.
- The distribution of samples and literature is strictly limited to the confines of the Vendor’s booth.
- Voice and/or music amplification must be kept to a sufficiently low volume so as not to disturb other vendors or attendees.
- No “Glitter” is permitted. Do not nail, screw, staple, pin, tack, tape, etc., any materials directly to the host location. Leave area clean upon move-out.
- No smoking permitted at vendor booths. Vendors & assistants must smoke in the designated smoking areas.
- No animals or pets are permitted, unless service animals or otherwise expressed.
- SWFHR is not responsible for the replacement of lost or stolen goods. Vendors are responsible for obtaining their own coverage of their belongings.
- In the event, any outside cause, such as war, fire, weather, any Act of God, etc. prevents the Event, SWFHR reserves the right to retain Vendor donations for expense compensation, and will advise on rescheduling if possible.
FEE INFO: The vendor fee is $25 / day (except for verified charities the fee is $0) for a 12’ x 12’ space. The vendor rate may increase should your booth space exceed the normal allotted space size.
EVENT VENDOR FORM
EVENT VOLUNTEER DETAILS
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
This event is our largest event of the year. Our volunteer needs are large to ensure a successful event. Roughly 50 volunteers are what we will need to do this.
In order to sign up fill out the sign-up form below. We have multiple positions needed. You will be able to request certain areas. Depending on the need we will try to honor requests but can not guarantee things.
Non-committed volunteers (those not already a volunteer) are allowed to help with this event.
AREAS OF NEED:
- Ticket Tents
- Welcome Tent
- Garage Sale help
- Tack Sale help
- 50/50 rovers
- Raffle Row Tent
- Field Protection Monitors
- Chili Cook-Off assistants
- Parking Attendants
- Bake Sale assistants
- Event Set up
- Event Teardown
EVENT VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP
RAFFLE BASKET SIGN-UP
For more than one basket submit another entry